LAPM 13 Abbotsford is a Local Area Place Making (LAPM) neighbourhood in Richmond. Council conducted a LAPM review in 2018 and adopted a plan to be delivered in 2019/20.
Boundaries of LAPM 13 Abbotsford include:
- Johnston Street,
- Hoddle Street,
- Victoria Street and the
- Yarra River.
Schools and educational areas in LAPM 13 Abbotsford include:
- Sophia Mundi Steiner School
- Collingwood Children’s Farm
- Abbotsford Convent
Consultation identified a number of issues:
O’Brien Traffic delivered their final report in November 2018:
Council adopted a plan to be delivered in 2019/20:
Council approved a budget of $1.4m with $500k in 2019/20, $500k in 2020/21 and $430k in 2021/22.
Streets Alive Yarra applauds Council for adopting a LAPM plan with a significant budget of $1.4m, and even better would have been to:
- Upgrade the whole area to one or more 30 km/h superblocks
- Construct protected bicycle lanes on Victoria Street, Hoddle Street, Nicholson Street, Johnston Street, Gipps Street and Victoria Crescent
- Convert free parking to either permit-only parking or metered parking
Your local champion is Troy Parsons. View all of Streets Alive Yarra’s champions on our testimonials page.
Next → LAPM 19 Bendigo