LAPM 13 Abbotsford is a Local Area Place Making (LAPM) neighbourhood in Richmond. Council conducted a LAPM review in 2018 and adopted a plan to be delivered in 2019/20.
Boundaries of LAPM 13 Abbotsford include:
- Johnston Street,
- Hoddle Street,
- Victoria Street and the
- Yarra River.
Schools and educational areas in LAPM 13 Abbotsford include:
- Sophia Mundi Steiner School
- Collingwood Children’s Farm
- Abbotsford Convent
Consultation identified a number of issues:
O’Brien Traffic delivered their final report in November 2018:
Council adopted a plan to be delivered in 2019/20:
Council approved a budget of $1.4m with $500k in 2019/20, $500k in 2020/21 and $430k in 2021/22.
Streets Alive Yarra applauds Council for adopting a LAPM plan with a significant budget of $1.4m, and even better would have been to:
- Upgrade the whole area to one or more 30 km/h superblocks
- Construct protected bicycle lanes on Victoria Street, Hoddle Street, Nicholson Street, Johnston Street, Gipps Street and Victoria Crescent
- Convert free parking to either permit-only parking or metered parking
- Remove parking from one side of narrow streets (such as Studley Street and Yarra Street), to ensure at least 3.5 metres of clear space for fire trucks to access homes
Streets in Abbotsford
The following pages consider the design of specific streets in Abbotsford:
Your local champion is Troy Parsons. View all of Streets Alive Yarra’s champions on our testimonials page.