LAPM 3 Scotchmer is a Local Area Place Making (LAPM) neighbourhood in Fitzroy North. Council conducted a LAPM review in 2018 and adopted a plan in March 2019.
Boundaries of LAPM 3 include:
- May Street
- Nicholson Street
- Alexandra Parade
- Brunswick Street
- St Georges Road
Schools in LAPM 13 include:
- Merri Creek Primary School
- German International School
- Simonds Catholic College
Consultation identified a range of issues:
O’Brien Traffic delivered their final report in January 2019.
Council adopted a plan in March 2019:
Council approved a budget of $1.9m over three years ($500k, $720k and $720k).
Streets Alive Yarra applauds Council for adopting a LAPM plan with a budget of $1.9m. This is a great precedent and we hope that each LAPM area receives a similar budget. Even better would have been to:
- Upgrade the whole area to one or more 30 km/h superblocks
- Construct protected bicycle lanes on Alexandra Parade, Nicholson Street, Brunswick Street, St Georges Road, Reid Street, Scotchmer Street and Holden Street
- Convert free parking to either permit-only parking or metered parking
Next → LAPM 6 East Clifton Hill