Council is asking for feedback on their draft Transport Action Plan:
The Action Plan is intended to be read in conjunction with the Yarra Transport Strategy and provides “additional information regarding specific actions Council will look to undertake over the next 10 years to implement the Yarra Transport Strategy“.
Sustained annual activity
The Action Plan highlights the scale of the task and the corresponding need for council to commit to sustained annual activity.
The Action Plan offers six Strategic Programs, which cover a large range of projects:
- New Deal for Schools
- New Deal for Cycling
- New Deal for Walking
- Moving Forward with Public Transport
- Growing the shared mobility transport program
- Other ‘Moving Forward’ transport projects
Funding the actions
All of the actions will require funding, and one of the actions can deliver it. Refer to Action #2 within Strategic Program #6 ‘Other Moving Forward transport projects’, which is policy work to draft a new parking strategy.
The Transport Action Plan is correct to highlight the need for sustained annual activity (and funding), and to provide a range of actions that officers can select from when applying for funding from state or federal government grant programs.
Have your say
We encourage residents to read the complete document, form your own views, and then have your say via Your Say Yarra:
If you’d like to support the Action Plan but are short of time, feel free to complete the survey and follow this guide to the questions:
- Indicate your level of agreement: Strongly agree
- Any actions that should be delivered sooner: a new parking strategy, because this can deliver revenue to fund the other actions
- Any actions that we’ve missed: install more sensors to count walking and biking usage across Yarra
- Any other comments about the plan: the New Deal for Schools program should be delivered for all schools in Yarra, not just 10
Published 17th September 2023