The document describes several clearly identifiable trends:
- Increasing population density.
- Increasing traffic congestion and parking congestion.
- Increasing climate warming.
- Increasing differences in the rights of residents to access public land.
Together with reforms designed to mitigate the negative impacts of the trends, including:
- Allocation of public space.
- Access to public space.
- Management of public space.
- Consultation regarding public space.
- Planning scheme.
- Pricing policy.
Finally, the document defines data sets that Council can publish to inform stakeholders, including:
- Area of land allocated to each use type.
- Number of permits sold.
- Revenue from on-street parking.
- Subsidy of on-street parking.
Streets Alive Yarra would be delighted to provide further detail or explanation of the themes raised in this document. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published 1st August 2020.